- The Festival Soirée & Tea are the primary fundraiser for the Festival competition. Boosters-run events, the Soirée (Friday or Saturday night) and Tea (the next afternoon) include dessert and coffee, singing and instrumental music by members of the Theatre Company, and are followed by dress rehearsals of the Festival show. The Soirée and Tea serve the dual purposes of raising money and being a great community event to showcase our students’ talent and get a peak preview of the show on which the students have been working so hard. Volunteers are needed to provide stamps, mail invitations, bake or purchase food items, set up, clean up, publicize and host. Theatre students serve as wait staff.
Early- to mid-March; location varies each year
- Regional Festival competition. Maine has nine regions. Schools compete in Class A or Class B, depending on the size of the school/program. Falmouth now competes in Class A.
- Limited seating available for public; show times not published until shortly before the Festival weekend.
- The winners in each class go on to the State Festival competition
Mid- to late- March; location varies each year
- State Festival competition. There are separate sites for the Class A and Class B competitions.
- Limited seating available for public; showtimes not published until shortly before the Festival weekend.
- The winners in each class are invited to the New England Drama Festival.
New England Drama Festival
April; location varies each year